YesSql?

Topics: Core
Apr 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Hi guys,
I was wondering what is happening to YesSql and orchard? Is this in progress and how much performance benefit is this going to bring? I'm really interested on any thoughts on the subject. Thanks.
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 6:29 AM
We're thinking about using it for 2.0. For the moment, we are focusing our energies on 1.7.

The benefits will be to have a better fit between the storage and the architecture of the application. The benefits in terms of performance is that we should never have to make joins, and the risk of select N+1 pretty much goes away.
Apr 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
Did you run any performance tests with the new storage architecture? It will be really nice to see what would be the difference. And another question: Approximately when 2.0 will be live?
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 9:21 PM
We have no idea when 2.0 will be available.
Feb 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hi again, what happened with this idea? Is this actual at this moment?
Feb 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM
overthetop, watch out if you are interested in YesSql in general at the moment, see my post @ https://github.com/sebastienros/yessql/issues/9

Imho this issue needs a solution before Orchard should consider switching over, or I fear data will be lost.

We were thinking of switching some of our data storage over to YesSql, but decided to put this on hold until this issue is resolved.
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Thx for the reply.
Developer
Feb 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM
A could month ago Sebastien demoed a branch called "The Shift", this showed how we already had a Document DB built in to Orchard using something called a InfosetPart.

What we have done is to move to using this in the majority of places in core Orchard and add extension points to allow you too hook in to them, all of which will be in version 1.8, so because of this, I don't think we have need to move to YesSQL.
Mar 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Bit late on the reply, but that sounds great!

Too bad we're 'stuck' on 1.6 (we modified the 'core' heavily), but we are working on slowly integrating specific features from more recent versions, so hopefully we can integrate that feature in the future too! :)