Orchard Development consultancy

Topics: Jobs
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I need assistance with getting my Orchard developments going. The idea would be to do the collaboration online (eg, using skype and copilot.com or equivalent). Payment would be on an hourly basis for time involved. I am based in the UK, so time zones would need to be reasonable.

The consultancy would involve:
  1. Finding out why a custom module that worked fine with .NET 4 has stopped working with .NET 4.5.
  2. How to set up a child application under Orchard, both on our server and on my development machine.
  3. See if Nick Mayne's Forums can be made to work with Orchard 1.6, else install a suitable alternative in a sub app and get it running.
  4. As a by product of the consultancy, I want to acquire an increased knowledge of how to work with Orchard. Hence, the collaboration would always be with me watching and asking questions via skype and copilot.com or equivalent. Payment will be related to the time online with me watching and asking questions.

I am a seasoned ASP.NET MVC developer, but who has never worked in an enterprise environment, so whilst some of my skills are very advanced, I have only learnt what I needed to get the jobs done and some pretty basic stuff has passed me by.

I have developed a couple of good Orchard Modules so I know the basics of module development.

Please make your interest known here and we will follow up. However, your skill level will need to be good to very good. Ie, I prefer to do the guessing myself.