File Download Link

Topics: Administration, General
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Hi guys,

I am trying to create a link to file that users of my site can download. The file is 300 MB in size [it's a zipped folder], but I can't get it to work.

I have tried using the Media option in admin and and when you click upload, it shows the uploading progress and when it gets to 100% it throws an error [Oops! This link appears to be broken].

I have followed other threads that said change your root web config to accept bigger files and that part of my web config looks like:
<httpRuntime requestValidationMode="2.0" maxRequestLength="1024000" executionTimeout="360" />

I am using WebMatrix locally and deploying to Azure. My Orchard Version is Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:52 AM
So the issue is with uploading the 300 MB file, not downloading it once it's uploaded?
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yes, I haven't managed to test the downloading as I am not able to upload it in the first place.
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Are you able to check your IIS logs as you could find you are being hit by the request filtering module which has a maxallowedcontentlength value within it. You should get an error along the lines of 'The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that exceeds the request content length' if this is the case.
Apr 16, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I am not sure if I am using IIS. I am working on a Windows 7 64 bit machine and using WebMatrix to launch and edit the website files. Went to Control Panel -> Turn Windows features on or off and IIS is not enabled.