Extending the style of the Admin Theme

Topics: Writing modules
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I'm not looking for to develop a new admin theme, but extend the style of the admin theme. Is there an extensibility point where I can inject a new style sheet without modifying the layout.cshtml?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM
You can inject a new style sheet from any view. There is no need for a different extensibility point, you can use the exact same API that is usually used in layout.
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Thanks Roy. I have already updated the layout.cshtml and it works okay. But I want to avoid the situation of losing the changes when I upgrade the admin theme. So I was looking for an extension point where my new style can extend the current style.

I think either I have to create a new admin theme or extend the shared resources to achieve this.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I had missed the fact that this was an admin theme. Well, you can even inject stylesheets from other places than views. That may be what you're looking for.
Apr 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM
I have to look at how I can inject a style sheet. Thanks for that tip.
Apr 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Hi

We need to extend the admintheme as well, for one reason other than styling for changing the admin title from 'your' site to the actual site name.

Where do you change the admin theme and is there an easier way to change the admin's site title from 'Your Site' to something custom?

Thanks
Rudolph