Using Orchard as a single signon system

Topics: Administration, Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Português (Portuguese), Writing modules
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Hi guys,

I'm developing a web application in C# called "ProjectX" and a Orchard Site (1.6). I want to use Orchard users and roles in "ProjectX". The idea is centralize the login manager in one site only (Orchard).

Basically the user do the logon on Orchard Site and he'll redirect for "ProjectX", after that I need use the roles for some process, e.g:

if (role == "customer")
call method1();
call method2();

We want the easiest solution to do that but I'm afraid that is impossible to do it easialy.

I notice that Orchard creates two Cookies after SignIn process maybe if there is a way to get the information about the user using it.

I think create a real sign on system and do Orchard and ProjectX use that can be more complicated.

I need some ideas or directions.
Could anyone help me?

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Cross-posted from

Orchard is not a single sign-on library. There are plenty of those available out there, that will be accessible from Orchard and your other application. I just don't understand the point of forcing Orchard into that round hole.
Apr 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Hi BertrandLeRoy,

Sorry about the cross-posted.

I'll follow your suggestion, do you recommend some library?

Thank you!
Apr 5, 2013 at 7:57 AM
Apparently oAuth is what most people are using.
Apr 5, 2013 at 9:46 PM
The OpenAuth module could be extended to be an identity server if that's what you are looking to do.