Question on Facebook Social plugin

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Hi,
I have read the documentation on the Facebook Developer site to integrate a social plugin (the simple "Like") on the Home Page of my web site.

As I am very new to orchard I choose the quick and easiest way (IMO). So I have done the following steps:
  • Created the IFRAME code on the Facebook web site with their configurator
  • Added an HTML widget in the Tripel Second section of my site
  • Added the generated IFRAME inside the HTML widget
I have then asked some of my friends to click on the like button to verify that everything was working good and discovered that something very strange is happening:
  • When I visit the site I can see that me and another person likes the page. I can also see the faces
  • If my brother visit the site he only see that one person (a third one) likes the site
  • When my brother disconnect from facebook and refresh the page he can see that 2 persons likes the site (one in common with me)
Is there any step that I have missed in the configuration?

I have seen that another option is to include the Facebook Javascript SDK but still do not understand where to include that SDK and how to make it work. I have also downloaded the Facebook Like widget but I was'nt able to instructions to make it work anywhere..

Can somebody help me?
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2013 at 8:17 AM
You should ask Facebook support. It doesn't seem like there is anything Orchard specific in this.