Just about ready to go live and notice missing RSS & WLW references :(

Topics: Core, General, Writing themes
Mar 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Scenario: my new site is primarily a blog that lives under /blog, but many things live outside of /blog (like articles and the homepage). I want the RSS link to appear on every page within the site. Further, I planned to use Windows Live Writer to post to my blog so I wanted the necessary tags in the HEAD of every page, esp the homepage.

I was just about to flip the switch tonight to go live with my new Orchard site, but noticed something at the last minute: no pages outside of /blog are rendering the RSS link or the RSD link or anything for Windows Live Writer. I thought I saw these early on in my implementation, but now they have gone missing.

I do have a custom theme with a custom document.cshtml & layout.cshtml, but can't see when comparing them to TheThemeMachine or the Orchard.Core project where the feeds are being added nor how I removed them or which Module I've screwed up.

If I enter the URL (http://../rss?containerid=##) I can see the feed is working fine. But even when I manually enter the WLW and RSD references in the head, they aren't being picked up correctly. I've ensured the Remote Blog Publishing and XmlRpc modules are enabled. Further, when I navigate to the root of my blog (http://.../blog), I get a 404 (not even an Orchard 404). The homepage and all blog pages work just fine :(

Any ideas? I've held up on switching DNS as this seems quite big.

Looking at the logs I see a the same error a few times (see below)... but it doesn't appear related (and none have happened for the last hour as I've been clicking around trying to find the problem). I noticed I'd get an error as I retagged a few posts and did quite a few very quickly with the two caching modules turned on... so I don't think it's related. I do find it interesting it shows the path of my local dev machine and not the production machine where these errors occurred.

2013-03-19 01:02:08,834 [13] Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager - ObjectNotFoundException thrown from IContentHandler by Orchard.Tags.Handlers.TagsPartHandler
NHibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists[Orchard.Tags.Models.ContentTagRecord#1292]
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl.DefaultEntityNotFoundDelegate.HandleEntityNotFound(String entityName, Object id)
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.Load(LoadEvent event, IEntityPersister persister, EntityKey keyToLoad, LoadType options)
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultLoadEventListener.ProxyOrLoad(LoadEvent event, IEntityPersister persister, EntityKey keyToLoad, LoadType options)
at Orchard.Data.Providers.AbstractDataServicesProvider.OrchardLoadEventListener.OnLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType) in d:\Dev\ACI\AndrewConnell.com\Development\AzureWebSiteMediaBlob\Source\OrchardCmsEngine\src\Orchard\Data\Providers\AbstractDataServicesProvider.cs:line 114
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.FireLoad(LoadEvent event, LoadType loadType)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.InternalLoad(String entityName, Object id, Boolean eager, Boolean isNullable)
at NHibernate.Type.EntityType.ResolveIdentifier(Object id, ISessionImplementor session)
at NHibernate.Type.ManyToOneType.Assemble(Object oid, ISessionImplementor session, Object owner)
at NHibernate.Collection.PersistentBag.InitializeFromCache(ICollectionPersister persister, Object disassembled, Object owner)
at NHibernate.Cache.Entry.CollectionCacheEntry.Assemble(IPersistentCollection collection, ICollectionPersister persister, Object owner)
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.InitializeCollectionFromCache(Object id, ICollectionPersister persister, IPersistentCollection collection, ISessionImplementor source)
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.OnInitializeCollection(InitializeCollectionEvent event)
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.InitializeCollection(IPersistentCollection collection, Boolean writing)
at NHibernate.Collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.Initialize(Boolean writing)
at NHibernate.Collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.Read()
at NHibernate.Collection.Generic.PersistentGenericBag1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<T>.GetEnumerator()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator
at Orchard.Tags.Handlers.TagsPartHandler.<.ctor>b__1(IndexContentContext context, TagsPart tagsPart)
at Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.ContentHandler.InlineStorageFilter1.Indexing(IndexContentContext context, TPart instance) in d:\Dev\ACI\AndrewConnell.com\Development\AzureWebSiteMediaBlob\Source\OrchardCmsEngine\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Handlers\ContentHandler.cs:line 171
at Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.StorageFilterBase
1.Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.IContentStorageFilter.Indexing(IndexContentContext context) in d:\Dev\ACI\AndrewConnell.com\Development\AzureWebSiteMediaBlob\Source\OrchardCmsEngine\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Handlers\StorageFilterBase.cs:line 105
at Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.ContentHandler.Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.IContentHandler.Indexing(IndexContentContext context) in d:\Dev\ACI\AndrewConnell.com\Development\AzureWebSiteMediaBlob\Source\OrchardCmsEngine\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Handlers\ContentHandler.cs:line 304
at Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass7f.<Index>b__7d(IContentHandler handler) in d:\Dev\ACI\AndrewConnell.com\
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Seems like you have some corrupt data in there. Attach a debugger, find what item is responsible and fix it.
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Ugh... embarrassing :( First, I'm not sure why but the root blog page occasionally throws HTTP errors... but it isn't a big deal for me as I have a single blog on the site and don't roll people up to the root page. I also didn't realize that the WLW & RSS links were only posted on blog pages... I had assumed they would even be on the root page for the site, but I don't have the blog as the homepage. Makes sense as if you had multiple blogs, how would you set this up correctly.

Going live this morning... awesome engine!