Copy PDB files into dependencies folder

Topics: Core, General
Mar 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM
When Orchard copies dlls over to the dependencies folder, is there any way to make it copy associated pdb files at the same time?

We have some internal nuget packages that are regularly updated and it is currently a manual task to copy these files over.
Mar 15, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Well, why would you want that? PDB, if I'm not mistaken, are only useful when you are debugging. When you are debugging, you should probably not use pre-compiled mode but rather dynamic compilation.
Mar 18, 2013 at 9:22 AM
The PDB files are for our external services that we are developing in hand with our Orchard solution. There are often times where we have to step into these services when debugging.

We use pre-compiled mode because when we were using dynamic compilation, we were occasionally having problems trying to get Orchard to use the correct DLL versions after they had been updated.
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:32 AM
I don't understand. If you need to debug, why don't you compile debug?
Mar 25, 2015 at 5:31 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2015 at 5:32 PM
I hate to admit it here, but we're shipping a closed-source application build on Orchard. Our build process generates a pre-compiled orchard package with our modules and recipes included. In fact, it creates two packages - both a debug and a release package - for each build.

Our clients run with the release build in production. When they report support issues we'd like to be able to deploy the matching (same build) debug package and debug on in their test environment. For this to work smoothly, we need the PDBs in the Dependencies folder.

If we submit a pull request, is it likely to be rejected on philosophical grounds?