Fresh install of Orchard and this happend

Topics: Installing Orchard
Mar 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Remix Website

I see that the styles and scripts can't be found the Orchard can't seem to locate them. Is there a way to manually fix this?
the directory structure is /nodoubtr/remixcomic.com/wwwroot/[orchard here]
Coordinator
Mar 10, 2013 at 10:02 PM
You're not giving nearly enough information. Are the ASP.NET and static content IIS modules installed?
Mar 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I am having the exact same problem. I notice that the OP is also on Arvixe. If he did what I did, then he got source, ran locally to make sure it would. Went through the build steps to deploy. And after it was all done, orchard seems to work, but the styles and scripts are all not found. Can you explain your somewhat enigmatic advice to him? He is likely as much a noob as I am. I will post a link to my thread on this discussion forum about the same issue.

nodoubt, if you solve your issue, can you let me know what you did (or rather what we are doing wrong)? Thanks.
Mar 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Oh so this is on Arvixe? I run my sites on Arvixe and never had those problems. Did you contact their support? They are usually quite helpful.
Mar 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM

When I get a chance to work on my site again I will do that. I just figured I was doing something boneheaded that folks had seen before.

Thanks.

On Mar 10, 2013 4:01 PM, "BertrandLeRoy" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Oh so this is on Arvixe? I run my sites on Arvixe and never had those problems. Did you contact their support? They are usually quite helpful.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 11, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I just switched to Arvixe literally one hour after posting this. It was an issue at my old host Aquest hosting. I used the web installer to install orchard. I haven't checked anything out yet, but I will look at things later on when I have a free moment. and let you know how things went.
Mar 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM
Oh. You are going to use the web installer. I still want to install from source. Let me know in any event.

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM, nodoubt223rd <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I just switched to Arvixe literally one hour after posting this. It was an issue at my old host Aquest hosting. I used the web installer to install orchard. I haven't checked anything out yet, but I will look at things later on when I have a free moment. and let you know how things went.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Mark :)
Mar 11, 2013 at 6:08 PM
@BertrandLeRoy: I contacted their support this morning and they helped get things fixed. I'll check it soon to see what's going on I'll keep you posted.
Mar 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM
So after many hours of phone and email between Arvixe and myself they got my site to stop going directly to the admin panel. But... sigh even using the WPI it still has the same problem. Image No style sheets no javascript, seems like the site can't find the path to the css or the javascripts not sure what could be the issue. If I view source and click the links to the css or scripts it give me a 404 page. Maybe the internet hates me now :(
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Got it to work! I don't know what happened, and I can't figure out what I did. BUT! I was at Orchard 1.5 and I figured since I hadn't uploaded any content or created my content item's I just decided to go ahead and upgrade to 1.6 and everything fixed.