Using Orchard as a documentation system

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Feb 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Hi all, I have a little project I am working on and I was hoping for some advice.

I'm currently putting in place a fairly big site with an API (all non Orchard based), but I was thinking about using orchard as a documentation system.

My idea was to have a blog for every version of the API, 0.01, 0.02, 0.03, etc, and having fallback to previous posts if one isn't present.

For example in version 0.01 there is an there is a post about saving some content and in version 0.03 there is a post of the same name detailing the updated procedure. So someone accessing the system with version 0.01 or 0.02 will see the article for 0.01 and someone logging with version 0.03 will see the article for version 0.03.

I don't really care what the Urls look like as the site will not be indexed by search engines and the whole site will be locked down by username and password.

Do you guys think this will be achievable in Orchard, or should I look at creating a bespoke system for this.

Cheers
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Sure, you'll just have to write a bit of custom logic to implement that fallback.
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I thought as much.

Any ideas on where to start. I was thinking about generating the menus via a taxonomy, but that's as far as I got.