BlogML Import and Archives widget

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Edited Feb 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I'm currently working through a test blog migration from Subtext to Orchard 1.6 using the BlogML module.

Everything seems to work well, once the import completes :)

However whilst the import appears to set the publication date of posts etc correctly, the Archives view doesn't work properly. I just have a single entry in the Archives widget with the current month containing all archived items, e.g:

• February 2013 (324)
I checked out the Blogs_BlogPartArchiveRecord table in the database, which I assume is related.

it shows a very suspicious top row:

1 2013 2 326 15
2 2012 9 4 15
...a bunch more rows for each year/month combination

anyways I tried directly editing 326 to be 10, to see if it has any impact. but the archive view shows the same stuff.

anyone know how I can fix this, or is there someway to re-gen the stats etc?

argh posted in announcements by mistake!

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Hi Harbars,

I am the author of that module. One thing I have noticed from exports of Subtext is that the data does not always seem to be 'correct'

The Post count is calculated on the fly by Orchard, which means that Orchard or more that likely the import module thought you had 326 blog posts you imported. Any chance you could open the file up and take a look?

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Yup, the BlogML file is around 326 posts.

I did another test by deleting the blog and re-importing, this time only doing the first 10 items, and the archive display is then broken completely. I remove the widget and re-add it and I then get the same display, but with the number imported!

Feb 2013 (10)

I can make others show up by changing the blogpart_id in the db manually, but that's not really something I want to rely on.
Feb 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM
from a fresh install, and then importing again, it only writes one row to that table, so not sure how the other entries got there before