Custom Forms - change style for validation-summary-errors

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Feb 24, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Hi,
I have added a Custom Form. Some fields are required. When leaving these fields empty and submiting is a validation summary displayed at the top of the page. I would like to change the text color for the validation error text. The class style "validation-summary-errors" is not in the themes css. I added it with new color style. But it wont change the color for the validation message text. Where shall I put the class style "validation-summary-errors" to override its current style? Or where shall I change it?

Regards
Tomas
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:24 AM
You could do that in an admin theme, but that seems extremely overkill. Why do you want to do that?
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Thanks for the answer. The validation message blends with the controls in the form. I would like to give the user clearer feedback when they click the submit button, letting the message stick out to prevent them from clicking submit several times and get annoyed. I did it myself.
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
By the way. That didn't do it.
This is how the style looks in theme admin.

.message, .validation-summary-errors {
margin:10px 0 4px 0;
padding:4px;
clear:both;
}
.critical.message, .validation-summary-errors,
.input-validation-error.text-box, .input-validation-error.text {
border:1px solid #990808;
}
.critical.message, .validation-summary-errors {
background:#e68585; /* red */
color:#fff;
}

So i think it already should have a different color to stand out.
I'm using theme dark.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Use your browser's dev tool to try it first. What's "theme dark"?
Feb 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
It's a theme from the gallery.

Ooohh. New to me. Those dev tools in chrome was of great help. It helped me sorting out which CSS file was used and which styles was in use. Great! I got it working.

Thanks Bertrand!

Regards
Tomas