Content picker problem related to Navigation

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Feb 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2013 at 11:53 AM
When I try to add a new Content Menu Item to any menu, the ContentPicker proposes a list with all content items, including non published items.
I can select a non published item but when I try to validate the Menu, I get an error saying that I must select a content.

There should be a 'Published' filter on the items listed in the list when used for menus.

Actually searching where this content items list is built ?
Developer
Feb 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Sounds like a bug. Either the Menu should allow unpublished items to be linked, or the ContentPicker should not display unpublished items (unless the invoker of the ContentPicker instructs the dialog to use a filter that allows unpublished items to be picked.
Sébastien made a couple of enhancements to the ContentPicker that allows you to filter by content types. Perhaps there should be an option to also specify whether or not to display unpublished items, the default being to only display published items.
Feb 14, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Do you know where the item list is built, I spent my morning trying to put a break point and trace this but Clay is seriously complicating debugging.
I am also catching regularly an exception about some css file (projection something) which Orchard, in Admin mode, is trying to read in another folder than its residing one....
Developer
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:14 PM
Then you are probably pleased to hear that Clay will be removed in 1.7.
Not only will it improve the debugging experience, but performance as well. Significantly.

The item list is built in the AdminController of the Orchard.ContentPicker module.
You'll see it queries for the Latest content items which includes published as well as unpublished items.
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Are you France based ?
Thanks for your blogs concerning the ecommerce.
Developer
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
I'm not, but my mom is and lives there in the southern part.
You're welcome. :)