New Help Needed failing to start

Topics: Installing Orchard
Feb 12, 2013 at 6:42 AM
I cant start in browser this is 1.6 binary zip and followed instructions.

Server Error in '/Orchard' Application.
None of the constructors found with 'Public binding flags' on type 'Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultShapeFactory' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator] shapeTableLocator' of constructor 'Void .ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.IShapeFactoryEvents]], System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator])'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with 'Public binding flags' on type 'Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultShapeFactory' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator] shapeTableLocator' of constructor 'Void .ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.IShapeFactoryEvents]], System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator])'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[DependencyResolutionException: None of the constructors found with 'Public binding flags' on type 'Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultShapeFactory' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator] shapeTableLocator' of constructor 'Void .ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1[System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.IShapeFactoryEvents]], System.Lazy1[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.IShapeTableLocator])'.]
Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) +469
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable
1 parameters) +89
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func1 creator) +121
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() +164
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +200
Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate() +156
Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ReflectionActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) +265
1 parameters) +89
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func1 creator) +121
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +200
System.Linq.WhereSelectArrayIterator2.MoveNext() +82
System.Linq.Buffer
1..ctor(IEnumerable1 source) +520
System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable
1 source) +103
Autofac.Features.Collections.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RegistrationsFor>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable1 p) +197
Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +30
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable1 parameters) +89
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() +181
1 parameters) +200
Autofac.Builder.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable1 p) +15
Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) +30
1 parameters) +89
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() +181
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters) +200
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +193
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters) +182
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +168
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.Resolve(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable1 parameters) +117
Orchard.Environment.WorkContextModule.<Load>b__0(IComponentContext ctx) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextModule.cs:19
Autofac.Builder.<>c__DisplayClass1
1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable1 p) +15
Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +30
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable1 parameters) +89
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func
1 creator) +121
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters) +200
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +193
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable1 parameters) +182
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable
1 parameters) +168
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.Resolve(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +117
Orchard.Environment.HttpContextScopeImplementation..ctor(ILifetimeScope lifetimeScope, HttpContextBase httpContext, Object workContextKey) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextAccessor.cs:71
Orchard.Environment.WorkContextAccessor.CreateWorkContextScope(HttpContextBase httpContext) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Environment\WorkContextAccessor.cs:43
Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) in c:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:149
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +12550291
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +288

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18034
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Full trust, integrated pipeline?
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:41 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:
Yes
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:
Yes : http://localhost/orchard
Win7 x64
I even downloaded the source code edition and tried to run from vs 2012 and same result
in 7x64
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM
No additional modules installed?
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
thisis my first time to try orchard nothing is added
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 5:32 PM
When you tried with the full source code, did you open src/orchard.sln, and then hit CTRL+F5?
Feb 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Yes I dit
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM
How do I check if ASP.NET MVC 3 and 4 are installed
Web Platform Builder list them as [Add]
Coordinator
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM
You do not need to install them: they are included in Orchard. Basically, this usually just works, and I'm shooting in the dark trying to understand what may be different on your machine.
Feb 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Initially was having problems with error before this one

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file 'c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\orchard\82e99d93\cf5ef9de\global.asax.uerltfhw.dll' -- 'Access is denied. '

followed some googled advice to get past that now am here.
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Ah, it would have been useful to mention that earlier. Did you set-up write permissions for app_data, modules, media, and themes?
Feb 13, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Yes I set physical path credentials to a user account and made sure that user has full access to the orcard folder for test purposes
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Then I have absolutely no idea why it doesn't work on your machine, sorry.
Feb 13, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Edited Feb 13, 2013 at 3:28 PM
If Run the same site in windows 7 x32 virtual machine its start without any issues

any ideas bertrandleroy
Coordinator
Feb 13, 2013 at 10:37 PM
No, I run it on a 64 bit machine myself without a problem, but there are apparently people having problems: http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/403712
Apr 4, 2013 at 5:12 AM
yes i have the same issue here with version 1.6 ,, can't run in IIS 7.5 or VS2012 on Windows 7 64 bit.
please help.