System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.Context is not supported by the language

Topics: General
Jan 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Using WebPI 4.0 I have installed and run successfuly Orchard 1.6, then I added some images on the main page.
When I run the web site on localhost I can see the images, but when I deploy it to the remote server, I see only the previous version of the page on the browser (without images). 
Then when I used Visual Studio 2012 to see if it was a compilation issue, I got the next error: System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.Context is not supported by the language

Any idea please ?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:48 PM

If you are using the WebPI version, you can't compile it in VS, it's already compiled and you're missing most of the source code.

Understand that deploying the code is not deploying the data. The changes you made locally are stored in the database, and need themselves to be deployed to your remote server. This can be done using the export/import feature.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Ok, I understand that I have to deploy also the Sql Express database to the remote server. But please where can I find the export/import feature?

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:59 AM

Same place as any module:

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Thank you, Now I have the Import Export in my dashboard options and I'll try to deploy data using it.