How to configure the Orchard source with entity framwork

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Jan 16, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Hi,

I have an entity framework with tables related to blogs. I want to compare the email entered by the customer with table values in the entity framework. But when i connect entity with orchard it shows following error.

Error:

The underlying provider failed on Open.

Inner Exception:

"The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8004D025)"

Connection String:

<add name="BlogsEntities" connectionString="metadata=res://*/Blog.BlogEntities.csdl|res://*/Blog.BlogEntities.ssdl|res://*/Blog.BlogEntities.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string="Data Source=SERVERNAME;Initial Catalog=DBNAME;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;MultipleActiveResultSets=True"" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient" />

Can you please help to fix this connection issue?

Coordinator
Jan 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM

You need to opt out of Orchard's ambient transaction in order to be able to access other databases. Surround your data access code with 

using (new TransactionScope(TransactionScopeOption.Suppress)) {}
Jan 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Thanks for your response. My issue got resolved. Thank you for your help.

Jan 18, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Hi,

I need to add third party tool to add menu in home page. The third party tool includes script manager and style manager. But it does not load when use in Orchard source. Can you please let me know how to add third party menu with script and style managers?

Developer
Jan 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Sounds like this is a different subject than stated in the title of this thread. Would you be so kind to open a new thread? In that thread, please explain what you mean with "it does not load when use in Orchard source".

Thanks!