Multiple sections on 1 page

Topics: General
Dec 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hi,

Currently we are using a simple obsolete CMS system (http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/) It is a wysiwyg CMS. So you add a page and in every page you can add multiple sections (module). So for example we have a media browser module and a HTML object A page can look like 

• HTML object
  • Media browser
  • HTML object

In this way we can build our pages dynamic. Every section has a configuration page to set the HTML and the media items to display. This works currently, but because it is a very old CMS we start to see some limitations.

In our search for a new and shiny CMS we took a look at Orchard. After digging trough the documentation and information that is available on the internet I can't figure out how we could achieve the above situation in Orchard. In orchard terms we would be able to create content parts and then add those content parts to a page where that page can contain 1..N content items (preverable with a picker). Is this possible? It would still need some work to make it maintainable (now the content view will become some what messy, but I have idea's about that). 

Regards,

Patrick

Coordinator
Dec 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Edited Dec 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

You can use a content item picker field with the multiple item setting to true. But I'm not sure I understood your requirement exactly.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Hi Bertrand,

Happy new year! Sorry I respond so late, but I did not receive my email notification. 

The current process is now for example, we create an empty page, we add some sections in the page and that page then becomes available for a user. A section can be for example a vote, a html part, media displayer. Because we can add dynamic to the page I can for example on page 1 add 1 html part and one vote control and on the other one 2 html parts with in the middle an vote control. I hope this example makes it more clear. (else I try t make tomorrow a screenshot of the system.)

I was wondering how this should be solved in orchard. 

Regards,

Patrick