Writing an Orchard Webshop Module from scratch - Part 5

Topics: Writing modules
Dec 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hi All

i am a newbie for orchard

Currently i use the latest version of orchard (1.6) for my tutorial

unluckily i stuck on part 5 where the query doesn't show up, i have tried many times to follow all the instruction but result is still the same

any help would be appreciated

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Where do you expect the query to show up exactly? Do you mean it doesn't show up in the list of queries when you click the "Queries" menu item on the left hand menu?

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Thanks for reply

I expect this output http://skywalkersoftwaredevelopment.net/Media/Default/BlogPost/blog/writing-an-orchard-webshop-module-from-scratch-part-5/new-query-step9.PNG

Please confirm that this tutorial was tested in Latest Orchard version, if yes i will try it again from the beginning may be i have missed something

By the way NWAZET module is real output of this tutorial right? i have installed this module but only work in orchard 1.4 (doesn't work in orchard 1.6)

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I did use some of the code from the tutorial to build Nwazet Commerce, with some additions and heavy modifications.

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Hi Bertrand

Does Nwazet Commerce work in Latest Orchard Version?

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I did not test the tutorial with the latest Orchard version yet. However, I don't think your issue with the Query not showing up is related to the module being built by the tutorial. Actually, you are talking about Query Results not showing up. Perhaps try with a simple query (with a Content Type filter). And of course make sure that you actually have at least one content item of the selected content type.