Why do we have to install Localization from Gallery as it is already in the core Orchard Src

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General, Installing Orchard
Dec 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I don't understand why it is not installed by the install in Azure Web sites. 

As it does not appear as locally available we have to go in gallery to install it.

Why keeping modules in the Gallery when they are now developed with the orchard project on codeplex ?

Moreover the source code link in Gallery goes to the Orchard project web site and not to the codeplex orchard project.

Not very clear for new users.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Because not everyone needs it.

Dec 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Understand but why it does not appear as a disabled but installed module ?

Dec 17, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Because it's not there.

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2012 at 8:03 AM

But if I clone full project from codeplex, it's there.
I know it's more a theorical subject because I am usually using VS and web deploy, but I am surprised by this difference.

When I want to create an Azure Web site, easy for testing, I don't start from the same code, having to download modules from gallery.

So all the modules not in the default install but in the orchard.codeplex.com project, are in the gallery and to install them I have to download from gallery BUT to have their last version I have to go to codeplex ?

Dec 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yes, it's there if you clone, because that's the full source code. The package that is available as runtime is stripped down to the strictly necessary modules, by design.

You can create your own package, with the modules you want, and WebDeploy that onto Azure. You have to realize no two people will want the same set of modules, and there is an overhead to adding more modules.

I don't get your last question.