Themes not working after uploaded to Hosting Site

Topics: Troubleshooting
Dec 13, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Hi Developers/Gurus,

I worked on my site offline most of the time and when I uploaded my site somehow the theme seems to be disabled, everything else seems to be working fine. I have checked on the Themes folder permission and all has been set to 'Write' access, is there any other configuration that the hosting needs to perform? Anyone experienced this before? 

Thanks. 

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Please explain exactly what makes you think it's disabled.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Hi Bertrandleroy,

No idea, I have tried applying the theme in the admin dashboard, seems like all the images/css files aren't working. The site works correctly but theme seems to be stripped off. 

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 1:56 AM

So the theme is active but the stylesheets and images don't get served? Check the web.config files in the styles and content directories of your theme.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:07 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

So the theme is active but the stylesheets and images don't get served? Check the web.config files in the styles and content directories of your theme.

Will check that out, but I suspect it's because of my shared hosting not running on asp.net 4.0 integrated mode. Might worth a try, as I uploaded manually the files to the wwwroot path.

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Yes, you need 4.0 integrated mode.

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Yes, you need 4.0 integrated mode.

Have set everything but themes still not loaded yet. Any other ideas?

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2012 at 3:56 AM

What about web.config?

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:45 AM

What should I be looking for?

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Check that you have a web.config file in the directory where the stylesheet and images are located.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:06 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

Check that you have a web.config file in the directory where the stylesheet and images are located.

Hi, just checked -  <add name="StaticFile" path="*" verb="*" modules="StaticFileModule" preCondition="integratedMode" resourceType="File" requireAccess="Read" />

Do I need to specified the path?

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:24 AM

This is solved - server side configuration was not in placed. Solved by the shared hosting provider. Thanks bertrandleroy