Using Orchard to create a client login website

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Dec 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Hey Guys,

I currently am looking to make a website for a business that allows clients to login and see content related to them (pictures/data/etc).

I am really new to Orchard and am wondering if it would support this type of application?  Would it require a lot of customization to create user-specific content on pages?

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide.

Dec 2, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Can you be a little more specific?

Dec 4, 2012 at 3:55 AM

This website would be for a company that does maintenance work on oil sites for various companies.  The website will have your basic pages (home, about, contact, etc) and then they want a section where their customers can log in.  The companies will log into the website and find out information about their sites and the maintenance progress.  There would also be images associated with each oil site.

I'm wondering whether Orchard is a good platform to be using for this type of a website.  Or is orchard meant more for a publishing website where all the content is the same for the public, and the log in accounts are only for the people maintaining/authoring the website.

Like I said, I'm just getting into learning Orchard, so if I'm completely misunderstanding how Orchard works, or the intended purpose of it that's why.

Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:48 AM

You'll have to build something specific for the second part.