Installation Problems

Topics: General, Installing Orchard
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I'm trying to get Orchard setup on a new Windows 8 laptop running IIS 8, unfortunately I've hit a bit of a brick wall. I've installed Orchard using the Web Platform installer and set it to use my local IIS rather than Web Matrix.

Whilst everything appeared to go okay when actually launching the site I just get an http 500 error. I've checked in the event logs and can't see anything wrong. Anyone got any ideas?

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

What 500 error? Set custom errors to off and give the stack trace. If there is no stack trace and you're getting an IIS 500 screen, then it's your IIS configuration that's wrong.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

If I set custom errors off in the web.config file I just get a blank html page, whilst I know it's my IIS configuration that's the problem I just have no idea what the problem is!

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I don't know then. Blank pages could indicate that you're missing IIS modules.

Nov 27, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Tried re-installing IIS and Orchard and still getting the same issues, works fine with web matrix. Will have another play about and see whether I can get it working.

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:15 AM

All sorted, you were right there were missing modules in my IIS install! The installation of IIS has changed since Windows 7 and I hadn't expanded the installation options to include all of the required modules. Thanks for your help.