FeturedItemSlider 2.0 cycles ONLY once

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Nov 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Edited Nov 13, 2012 at 7:15 AM

when using a brand new Orchard 1.6 (downloaded from WebMatrix); implementing (only) the 'FeaturedItemSlider 2.0' from the Gallery and defining
one group with 3 items I observe:

- ONLY one (1) slider cycle!
- clicking the appropriate page again(which contains the widget)  - starts with first Item and cycles again to the second - and stops cycling!

PS: same behavior when using the virgin Orchard.Source!
in Script documents I see: jquery-1.8.2.js and jquery.cycle.all.js 

? could it be that there is another '...cycle.js' active ? how would I find it?

ATTENTION ATTENTION
As absurd as it might sound: ALL under Orchard 1.6 I made using 'Windows 8 pro'!
Therefore, I went back to a Orchard site which I created under 1.5.1 in W7 ult, AND in there, I have a running
FeaterdItemSlider.
Now, when defining in this 1.5.1 site (now using W8) a new FeaterGroup and its items the cycling stops still after one (1) cycle!
However, the original, old, Slider still works fine.
PS: unfortunately I do not have a W7 anymore to test!

what am I possibly missing  .. ?
thanks for your time and advise
ed

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 3:54 AM

Did you try to contact the author of the module?

Nov 17, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Edited Nov 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I tried but the mail failed -- will certainly do that, ed

PS: now sent to owner

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

what is wrong with my site?

some further testing shows the following: I tried other 'transition effects' than 'shuffle' and the others seem to work (did not try all of them) !

The same behavior with 1.5.1 and 1.6

thanks for your time and advise, ed

Dec 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

If you can't get the Featured Item slider module to work you could try this module:

http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Amba.ImageMultiPicker

You could just override the View for this field in your theme and use a different javascript slider.

Dec 15, 2012 at 7:18 AM

thanks will try ... in the meantime I found that certain jquery on the same page obviously won't work together - I have (had) on same page a rotating Cube together with the Featured Slider and somehow this combination fails!?

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

well the Module suggested did not do what I want, thanks anyway.

In the meantime I found a way to 'solve' the issue:
When having different widgets on same page the appropriate 'jquery' files need to open in the 'correct' sequence!
Need to learn where to change this sequence and not needing to change the widget sequence itself (by changing 'position')

I consider the thread closed, thanks for all spending timeon it
ed