Modules don't install and Page not Custom Form

Topics: Core, Installing Orchard
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:00 AM

Hi All,

I hope you can help. I'm using version 1.5.

When installing a module via online dashboard, I get the confirmation message to say it installs but then it doesn't appear on the admin menu, when I look for the module and see there is something missing. This occurred when I installed the e-mail messaging (missing element) oforms (does not appear in admin menu)

My local version on custom forms allows me to submit forms but when I do so on the live version it redirects to a page not found - not with Orchard theme. When I click on the Forms menu in the Dashboard admin menu I get redirected to a page not found - not with Orchard theme. My local version lets me see the custom forms, form submission ect.

I've tried to reload the site from Webmatrix without success.

I don't register any error log when the page not found is displayed but when i attempt to install a module i get the following error:

,167 [24] Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy - An unexpected exception was caught System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Orchard.OrchardCoreException: Recipe execution with id 3f05dd573aff42a482fb81b9c24114fb was cancelled because the "Feature" step failed to execute. The following exception was thrown: Sequence contains no matching element. Refer to the recipe journal for more information. at Orchard.Recipes.Services.RecipeStepExecutor.ExecuteNextStep(String executionId) in c:\webs\mysite.co.za\httpdocs\Modules\Orchard.Recipes\Services\RecipeStepExecutor.cs:line 42 at Orchard.Recipes.Services.RecipeScheduler.ExecuteWork(String executionId) in c:\webs\mysite.co.za\httpdocs\Modules\Orchard.Recipes\Services\RecipeScheduler.cs:line 38 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Orchard.Events.DefaultOrchardEventBus.TryInvokeMethod(IEventH

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:15 AM

oForms is probably not compatible with your version of Orchard. You don't need it anyway and should use custom forms instead.

For the email module verify that you haven't installed a version that is different from your Orchard version.

Nov 8, 2012 at 6:30 AM

Thanks for replying bertrandleroy,

I've disabled oforms. my custom forms is not working online (locally working fine). When a form is submitted the page goes to a page not found page.

When i click on the Forms menu item in the dashboard it also goes to a page not found page.

Please see for your self my website is http://www.noctain.za.net - you will see if you submit the form in the footer quadrant 4 region you will see what i mean. Thank you for your assistance.

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Anything in app_data\logs?

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM

hello, I am new in here and new orchard user. i have the same error. first, I publish the orchard to a server (FTP method, release mode) and all seems fine. the custom form is running well and i can access it in the server through browser. then I made modification on the orchard (adding some custom module) and publish it using FTP method an release mode to the server it success. When I tried to access the page using the custom form, it returns page not found error (I have implement a custom not found page, but the error page shown is a plain not found page from IIS). And there is no error written in the log when that happened. I am using IIS 7. the server is IIS 6. Orchard version 1.4.

Thank you for your help :)

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You should definitely have errors in logs, but my guess would be that it fails to compile.