Problem: Getting Contact form running ?

Topics: Administration
Nov 7, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Hi

I'm using Version 1.6

Installed first "Orchard Messaging" and "Email Messaging - Version: 1.6".
Then as described by J. Zablocky selected "Contact Form by CyberStride"
After enabling this module, a new content type of contact Page should be autmatically added to the site. Clicking New--->Contact Page will open a form for creating Contact Page items.

In this case I can't find any items to continue.

Can somebody give me a hint ?

Thank you

Richi40

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM

That module has been broken for several versions. Good news is, you don't need it and can use custom forms instead.

Nov 7, 2012 at 8:39 AM
richi40 wrote:

Hi

I'm using Version 1.6

Installed first "Orchard Messaging" and "Email Messaging - Version: 1.6".
Then as described by J. Zablocky selected "Contact Form by CyberStride"
After enabling this module, a new content type of contact Page should be autmatically added to the site. Clicking New--->Contact Page will open a form for creating Contact Page items.

In this case I can't find any items to continue.

Can somebody give me a hint ?

Thank you

Richi40

Hope this helps http://devdirective.com/post/160/how-to-create-custom-forms-in-orchard-cms-with-email-and-recaptcha

Nov 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Hello

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I've an additional question. Before I  changed to the Orchard product I used WEB ASP.NET. 
My Hoster requested to integrate about 10-12 lines of Code  Including a "ASP Mail" component.
Do I need to create an own Module when I use the initial position under Orchard MVC ?

Regards 

Richi40 

Nov 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM
richi40 wrote:

Hello

Thank you very much for your quick response.

I've an additional question. Before I  changed to the Orchard product I used WEB ASP.NET. 
My Hoster requested to integrate about 10-12 lines of Code  Including a "ASP Mail" component.
Do I need to create an own Module when I use the initial position under Orchard MVC ?

Regards 

Richi40 

why will u want to use ASP Mail Component...Orchard CMS already has modules for them sending emails using smtp server using these modules "Orchard.Messaging" and "Orchard.Email". 

Nov 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Hello

Unfortunately my Hosting Provider insists to use the component ASPMAIL.

Thank you

Regards

Richi40

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

If ASP MAIL can send emails, then the Custom Form module together with Email module can.

If your hoster wants you to use a specific component you'd better find a new one, there are so many good ones out there which don't force you to do anything.

Coordinator
Nov 8, 2012 at 5:18 AM

+1 run from those guys, they apparently have no idea what they are talking about.

Nov 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Hello

Thank you to the support team.

I'm looking for another Hoster!

Regards

Richi40

Nov 20, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Edited Nov 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I've just created a fork named ContactForm16 with fixes for compatibility with release 1.6. Hope this help.