I have an Orchard module that I am trying to install to a default 1.6 Orchard installation. Orchard is not compiling the module when referenced from a nuget package.
Here are the steps I have taken to debug the issue...
1) Unzipped the nuget package
2) Copied the Module directory from the nuget package to the Orchard.Web/Modules directory (renamed to the name of my module)
3) Refresh Orchard from the browser, the module is found on the Dashboard and I choose to Enable
4) No errors are reported through the web browser and no errors are logged in Orchard.Web/App_Data/Logs.
5) Inspecting the module's bin folder reveals the module has not been compiled (even tho no errors are reported)
6) I then opened Orchard.sln in Visual Studio and added my module to the Modules project folder
7) I right click and choose to build the module and it builds fine
8) Back to the browser I disable/enable the module. No errors reported and no errors in log files (once again)
9) However this time the module's assembly has been properly copied to the Orchard.Web/App_Data/Dependencies folder.
What steps can I take to see why Orchard is choosing to not compile this module?