Seeking to sponser the creation of an Affiliate module

Topics: Announcements, Customizing Orchard, General, Jobs, Writing modules
Oct 31, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I need a simple ecommerce site based on Nwazet/Webshop. I'm not in a position on the Orchard Learning Curve (OLC) to competently architect the Affiliate component - the ability to re-brand the site to 3rd parties, so I'd like to pay someone to do it based on the following starting points:

• Provide a public custom module that can function within a 1.6 version of the Nawzet repos.
  • The site's headers and footers are re-branded so as to display text and graphics specific to the given affiliate.
  • The properties of the Affiliate are editable by the site's SuperAdmin
  • The site functions as a Single Tenent (multiple affiliate branding possible within a single Orchard instance/domain).
  • Comments to code sufficient to further the body of documentation. Links to Skywalker's web series should be interspersed where applicable. Pointing at the OrchardDocs when executing core principles. Outcomes of troubleshooting.
  • The branding should kick in based on any one of the following values:
    • subdomain  entry from brands to foo.
    • querystring entry from brands to foo.
    • user record (if the user returns via 'www' and without querystring, use the affiliate associated with that user's last transaction)

I don't think it's terribly important to over-specify each and every aspect - we all know what an affiliate is and common needs of the function.

I have a budget of a non-trivial amount but probably not sufficient unless you take the project on as a service to the general community. Many of the veterans already have this code implemented - really hoping to use this as a vehicle to show current best practices - ideally integrating capabilities of MVC4/Razor2.

Oct 31, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I built Nazet Commerce. You can contact me at

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Cool. Thanks.