Menu Widget - Can't Prevent Display of Child Menu Items

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard
Oct 23, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Using the TheThemeMachine theme, I am trying to create a "secondary navigation" in the AsideFirst zone that only displays sub-menu items specified under the selected main menu item.  

I was able to specify that the widget has a "Start Level" of 2, which renders the menu appropriately.  However, if any of the second-level-menus have additional third-level-menus attached to them, the third-level items get rendered as well when that second-level is selected.

I have read the thread at https://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/390956 and I have tried setting the "Levels to display" option under the Menu Widget to 0, 1 and 2, but none of the settings have any effect.

My menu structure looks like this:

• Home
  • About Us
    • CEO Message
    • Management Team
      • John Doe
      • Mary Jane

When the "About Us" page is displayed, only the "CEO Message and "Management Team" items are displayed in the Menu Widget, which is correct.  However, when I click on the "Management Team", links for "John Doe" and "Mary Jane" are displayed under it, which I don't want.

I want to keep the third-level menu items as I like them to "fly-out" from under the main (top) menu, but I don't want them to be displayed in my left-side secondary navigation.  Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2012 at 4:51 AM

Please file a bug.