Unable to create a term hierachy for a taxonomy in v 1.51

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Oct 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM

When I try to create a sub-term for a taxonomy, I select the parent term but on the end my term is placed under the taxonmy root.
I am unable to reparent (move) it.

Is it a known bug (I'm new to Orchard) or I missed some point ?

Are there several version of this module ?

Thnaks for answer

Oct 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM

It works for me. What version of taxonomies are you using?

Oct 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Orchard is 1.51, where could I see the running version of taxonomy (I am the temporary server where we build the design).

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

It's v1.4 from the installed modules page.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That version is from February. Sébastien should probably release to the gallery a new version with the more recent changes: http://orchardtaxonomies.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Thanks, I had already downloaded it from codeplex.

Oct 20, 2012 at 6:59 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2012 at 7:01 AM

@Bertrand This module is very important in Orchard, Taxonomies is something very useful, I have been using it in MS CRM since its begenning (its one of the rare businness app to implement it), I would even say mandatory to Orchard.
Why not including it in the permanent modules of Orchard 1.6 ?
Its something we always have to add: delivering to Azure Paas (and here we need to add it manually to the Orchard project), Azure Web site or in any other installation.

Best regards.

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:34 AM

1.6 does not have new features. It's a bug fixing and dependency update release. Furthermore, it's too late for a change of that magnitude. But I've already said in other threads that I wanted taxonomies to make it into core, and it's been discussed at the weekly meeting as well for 1.7.