Updating Content

Topics: Administration
Oct 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I have been using Orchard for a couple of months now, but it seems that everytime I update content some of my pages drop communications with some skins, can someone give me some advise as to how to fix that? I am using the orchard 1.5.1, windows 2008 amd .net 4

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "drop communications with some skins"? Anything suspicious in network trace when that happens, especially on the style sheets?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Basically, we get skins from an Oracle DB that has profiles and other information and any time that we update content through orchard, regardless of it, it drops the skins that are provided by Oracle DB. Not a network issue because when the site is still (without making any changes) the skins stay up.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 12:08 PM
To: Alvarez, Jose
Subject: Re: Updating Content [orchard:399443]

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "drop communications with some skins"? Anything suspicious in network trace when that happens, especially on the style sheets?

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Can you explain what Oracle skins are and what this has to do with Orchard?

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Oracle skins are a way to mirror a web page that contains information in a database without giving access to the DB. It is a connection essentially with a mirror page on CMS.

Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 3:28 PM
To: Alvarez, Jose
Subject: Re: Updating Content [orchard:399443]

Can you explain what Oracle skins are and what this has to do with Orchard?

IMPORTANT WARNING: This email (and any attachments) is only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. You, the recipient, are obligated to maintain it in a safe, secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to maintain confidentiality may subject you to federal and state penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify us by return email, and delete this message from your computer.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Oh, you mean it's a reverse proxy? Can you explain *exactly* what you are doing, what you are expecting and what really happens?