Date/Time field added to Contrib.Profile always updates to current date midnight

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 26, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I wanted to check with you guys regarding the Date/Time field in Orchard and maybe I'm not understanding how it works.

I'm using the Contrib.Profile module and I've added a Date/Time field to the user's profile to track the last time I've updated their profile information.

When I'm in Orchard Admin and I edit a User, it doesn't matter what I put in this Date/Time field, as soon as I submit the page, it writes the current date at midnight to the field in the database.

If I go into the database and change the date for this field to something else, when I load the User in the admin panel, the date that I changed it to is show, but as soon as I save the User record, the date updates to the current date...so I know it's tied to the Profile and it's updating, I just don't know why it ignores what I put in these fields and uses the current date.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Has anyone used a Date/Time field anywhere else and been able to update it through the admin panel?

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Did you try it on something else?