Search by similar words

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Sep 22, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Hi, seems that the default configuration for Lucene/Search in Orchard is to search exact words in the indexed content, but I need to include similar terms/words in the search results, that maybe just differ by one or two letters i.e. if I search for "cisa" then it show me results including "cisa", "cias", so on. Could you help me about this? thanks in advance.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Lucene has capabilities to do that, but they are not implemented in Orchard yet. You'll have to build that yourself, leveraging the underlying Lucene feature.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Thanks Bertrand for the response... sorry but I am newbie about Orchard, do you say that I'd to build my own module and use it instead of a Orchard's module Lucene/Indexing/search (in that case what of them?) or could I intercept and change that setting/behavior in some way without waste the current module's implementation?. Any guidelines or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Sep 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM

i think u shoud go inside Lucene/Indexing/search , n change something

Sep 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yes, that would be a feature that would be useful to almost everyone using the search module, so the best would be to make a contribution to the core module. If you do that, please also open a bug so that we can approve and trace it. Thanks!