Profile Module and Media-Picker (image) field

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Sep 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I'm trying to use/extant Profile module with Orchard to create a self-editable profile page for registered users (like one in linked-in) and would like to give functionality of users being able to upload the profile and edit other information. 

Using default profile view/edit functionality, I'm able to render the profile information (fields I've added to profile part, such as Full Name, Organization, and Profile Picture {media picker field}) but I'm unable to get media picker to work in edit mode (~profile/edit) to enable user to upload/change profile picture. 

I have several questions:

1) How do I make edit page work for Media Picker image field.  Is there any way to use direct file upload or do I need to use media picker popup and select the file from there (or upload)? 

2) Is there any way I can provide users to change the picture file directly from Profile VIEW page rather than going on to Editor page?

3) When I use shape tracing and try to create alternate for Media-Picker filed in editor mode to customize it, Orchard gives error, which logs as 'System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes::EditorTemplate' is not allowed here"!! Any resolutions?

Thanks For responses!!!

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Why do you want to use a media picker field? It seems hugely overkill. A simpler part with a simple upload field seems simpler.

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:27 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Thanks Bertrand...

I swear i need to learn so much about Orchard..... I didn't even know that upload field existed and took media picker as default solution. Thanks for your reply.

Can you also response to no 3? I'm getting error on  alternate template creation on every field in edit mode, not just media picker.  I'm also having hard time customizing custom form using placement and styling in Editor Template mode. Can you please direct me to a source where I can learn how to customize look and feel of a custom form?

Sep 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

File a bug with repro steps.