[Solved] MediaPicker Field Placement not working

Topics: Troubleshooting
Sep 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Edited Sep 10, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I've downloaded the most recent source code to create a new site in VS2012. I created my custom parts and content types, several of which have media picker fields. I've added the same Placement.info listings that I have before, but for some reason, the listings aren't causing the images to display.

<Match ContentType="ContentTypeName">
    <Place Fields_MediaPicker-FieldName="Content:1.2"/>
</Match>

Any ideas on why this wouldn't display on my projection page? I'm listing an HTML Detail list of my ContentType.

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

If you switched to Property mode that would explain it. I use something very close to this on my own site and it works great.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I confirmed in my Query Layout that I was in Content mode. If I place this code in the Theme Placement.info file, the image disappears, but if I remove that piece from the Theme Placement and put it only in the Module Placement.info, the image is not hidden/removed. It's as if the Module Placement isn't recognizing the name. However, the Module Placement.info is recognizing other shapes.

<Place Fields_MediaPicker-FieldName="-"/>
Am I losing my mind? Any other ideas?

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Sebastien answered my problems in this discussion. I added Orchard.Fields as a dependency to my module and my placement worked just fine.