Feature Request: Make default summary view of contained items editable like Query layouts

Topics: Administration, General
Sep 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM

This isn't a demanding request by any means but it would be nice if I can make the default summary/description view in contained items and blog posts match what I have in my projections. I also notice that this summary view is only applied to blog posts and pages, but if I add a projection as a contained item or an external post then it shows the entire contents of the projection or external post, not a 200 character summary. This forces me to not display contained items but to then have to tag items, run a query, create a widget layer and add a projection widget to render a similar display of items on the page, all the while hoping nothing else gets tagged with the same tag used in the query that I do not want to show up in the results.

This also brings up another issue which is that the datetime format used in default summary of contained items/blog posts (MMM d yyyy, h:mm tt) is not an option in the query layout for datetime properties. I like this format, it is short and concise. I'm just wondering why it wasn't added as an option to keep presentation consistant.