Placement.Info Shapename question

Topics: Writing themes
Sep 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Edited Sep 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

After reading the documentation several times; I'm still not able to %100 understand the naming convention for a shape.

If I have a custom type called "CustomPage", and it has a part called "CustomProperties", and that part has a Text field called "CustomText"; what name do I use in the placement.info in order to move it to another zone or hide it?

Obvious Fields_Common_Text works; but that affects ALL text fields; I only want it to affect the Text field called CustomText located on the CustomProperties part.

(Fields_Common_Text-CustomText also works - but that affects all text fields call "CustomText")

Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: this ContentType was created via the Admin UI - not a module; so I'm not sure if/how I could use my own driver for it.

thanks

Sep 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Asked the question too soon; I'll post the answer in case anyone else has this question.

The placement name would be: "Fields_Common_Text__CustomProperties-CustomText" - it was the double-underscore before the part and a dash for the name which did it.

Looking through the driver alternates really worked; too bad that information can't be viewed from ShapeTracer?

thanks