Orchard and communities

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Sep 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi to all,

i am new (can't get newer than me) in Orchard and i came across it because i am exploring the possibilites available to create a website/platform that will host several communites. Each community will have a blog space of its own, a documents repository, some plain pages and users will be able to join some of these communities after a moderator for each community will accept their request.

I am quite impressed by Orchard so far and the fact tht you can extend it with custom content types etc and i will start diging further however could some one tell me if my scenario is feasible with orchard (i am conserned mostly iwth the users/roles assigned to each community aspect and if that would be also feasible by implementing it with SSO from another asp.net provider)

Thanks in advance

Sep 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Did you look at multi-tenancy?

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Hi bertandleroy, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. However what i am looking at is more like a module rather than multi-tenancy because i don't want independent databases. I want only 1 table for the users for example and the ability to manage all features and users from the main site. I guess that rules out multi-tenancy so creating a custom module is the way to go i guess (god help me :)).

Thanks for the suggestion though