Aug 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM
- 1.6 launch: harvest, need more hands on fixing bugs
- MySQL: Seb to follow up with MS legal team. There might be a possibility to distribute it without being GPL, as we are open source. Downstream commercial users may be able to get a commercial license, or they would have to remove it if they don't use it.
- 1.6 release on CodePlex now public (no download, don't get excited, this is just to facilitate triage)
- subrepos: killing them. There will be one repository containing all core modules.
- Git: move to git is not for any time soon but will happen. Clients are getting decent. Github client is for small project, so not for us, but Git Ext is decent and on par with Tortoise. Will remain on CodePlex.
- pending commits and new committers: it's the bug, not the pull request that triggers the pull. Push is OK if bug is active. If it's not, wait for triage or contact Seb or Bertrand to discuss making it active.
- script bundling and minification, ASP.NET MVC 4, working across modules: can't bundle across modules, so one should use continue to use Zoltan's stuff. Will start a thread with Erik about asp.net features not requiring config changes or code in global.asax.
- editing multiple items on same screen: problem is prefix. Workarounds are a wizard
-like workflow (one item at a time after checkbox selection of which items to change) but that's not the desired user experience. ajax is another workaround. A better solution would enable an additional prefix on top of the part prefix. Zoltan to open a
- comment refactoring thread: http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/356128
- nHib 3 migration required refactoring queries. Any still not supported, which breaks tags and taxonomies, and potentially other 3-rd party modules.
- new probing extension loader facilitates production deployments: it only dynamically compiles if the module has no binary at all and won't do anything unless dynamic compilation is disabled in Config/HostComponents.Config. There is a new compilation target
in the build file that precompiles everything for deployment. WebDeploy is still problematic but Seb is working and following up on it.
- harvest: there is a stupid meetup thing that people confuse with actual registration.- triage