TinyMce can not look up a insert link i.e. click search and select a page, blog or post etc

Topics: Core, Customizing Orchard, General, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Aug 15, 2012 at 10:46 AM

This is really for the end user but I think that when high lighting text in the HTML editor and clicking insert link my end user expects to see some sort of look up button that allows them to easily select some content to link to i.e page, blog, article, post.

The window that pops up has this address. 

/Modules/TinyMceDeluxe/scripts/themes/advanced/link.htm

I can only add the link if I know the permalink address. Which is not a major problem as I can find the address and paste or even remember what it in however this is a lot of clicking back and forth for the end user.

I guess this is not that important there maybe a module that sorts this out already I did look but had no luck if there is please tell me or can some one guide me though the basics of how I can sort this out?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I think you'd want to add the content item picker into TinyMCE, the same way that the media picker is integrated today.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yes that is exactly what I want is this easy to do? can you point me in the direction of a tutorial maybe?

thanks 

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Ok I thinking that i need to make a copy of the media picker module.... maybe using "codegen" and rename it and then make it insert a different link.. sounds simple this should be in the gallery