Problems with 1.5 upgrade

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Aug 12, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I'm attempting to upgrade my Orchard instance from 1.4 to 1.5 and I seem to be having an issue with displaying custom content. There were no build errors... I had to change a few things with the menu because i was using the advancemenu module, but aside from that it went pretty smooth.

This is in the debug log when I try to display the content. Has anyone else experienced this error?

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Markdown.Services.MarkdownFilter.ProcessContent(String text, String flavor)
   at Orchard.Core.Common.Drivers.TextFieldDriver.<>c__DisplayClass4.<>c__DisplayClass6.<Display>b__3(String text, IHtmlFilter filter) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Common\Drivers\TextFieldDriver.cs:line 42
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Aggregate[TSource,TAccumulate](IEnumerable`1 source, TAccumulate seed, Func`3 func)
   at Orchard.Core.Common.Drivers.TextFieldDriver.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Display>b__2() in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Common\Drivers\TextFieldDriver.cs:line 42
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.ContentFieldDriver`1.<>c__DisplayClass36.<ContentShape>b__35(BuildShapeContext ctx) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\ContentFieldDriver.cs:line 123
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.ContentFieldDriver`1.<>c__DisplayClass3f.<ContentShapeImplementation>b__3e(BuildShapeContext ctx) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\ContentFieldDriver.cs:line 135
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.ContentShapeResult.ApplyImplementation(BuildShapeContext context, String displayType) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\ContentShapeResult.cs:line 39
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.ContentShapeResult.Apply(BuildDisplayContext context) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\ContentShapeResult.cs:line 21
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.CombinedResult.Apply(BuildDisplayContext context) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\CombinedResult.cs:line 28
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Drivers.Coordinators.ContentFieldDriverCoordinator.<>c__DisplayClass9.<BuildDisplay>b__8(IContentFieldDriver driver) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Drivers\Coordinators\ContentFieldDriverCoordinator.cs:line 56
   at Orchard.InvokeExtensions.Invoke[TEvents](IEnumerable`1 events, Action`1 dispatch, ILogger logger) in C:\clayton\RMCv15\src\Orchard\InvokeExtensions.cs:line 17

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Looks like a something's not going strong in the MarkdownFilter.ProcessContent. Could you set a breakpoint there and see what exactly is null? I haven't see nthis issue by the way.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Yeah... I actually figured out what the problem was, but I don't know why it exists between the 2 versions of Orchard. The content part display option was set to "default flavor", which doesn't seem to work in Orchard 1.5. When I change that to "html" the page loads correctly. I looked around at some of the other modules I've loaded like "custom forms" etc etc and I didn't see anything that references "default flavor". Now every content part field has a full html editor around it. Before it was just a box with some simple input text capabilities.

Anyway - Thank you for the reply. Maybe this will help someone else who might be getting this error.