New 1.5 Navigation

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Editor
Aug 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM

I am trying to create a hierarchical menu in Orchard 1.5. I created the hierarchy, but now I want to add submenus in different parts of the site. The Menu Widget does not seem to have an option to isolate different nodes, only levels.

How do we add a submenu for a single parent node on the site? 

Editor
Aug 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

After speaking with Sebastien on this one, I got some of the functionality understood. If you want to create secondary navigation for a second level page, you would set the Start Level to 2 in the Menu Widget and the Levels To Display = 0 (to display just that level) or 1 (to display the remaining children as well.) This works when you are on a secondary page and you want to show the menu items in relation to the parent node you are under.

However if you wanted a static footer menu for each of the primary navigation nodes which shows their children, you will need to create separate menus for all of those or use a static HTML widget. There is no way to hardcode the starting node in the menu widget right now.

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM

An other question to place in this thread...

Using 1.6 and TheThemeMachine - deeper than third level does not work - how get a fourth level menu item?

Style sheet specifies up to third level then "deeper levels".

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Resolved by adding a third level in style sheet.