Multiple Security Roles

Topics: Administration, General
Aug 8, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of having to choose a CMS system for my company (which runs several sites). They are many criteria that the CMS needs to fulfil but of the main ones is having the ability to create and several login types and change what the user see's on the front end. For example if a login created for a student when they log in I would, ideally, want them to be redirected to pages that are specifically created for students and these pages cannot be viewed by someone logging that hasn't got this security role?

I know that I can create multiple roles but I'm not sure if I change what the user can access on the front end.

Is this possible within Orchard or in one of it's many many plugins?

Thanks,

Craig

Aug 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Not an expert here, but I'm pretty sure you would create a class that implements Orchard.Security.Permissions.IPermissionProvider then use Orchard.Security.IAuthorizer.Authorize() to test your specific permission on the user.

Developer
Aug 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

With 1.5, it's possible to setup view permissions per content item per role.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM

That's great thanks for your time.

But while I've got your attention (!) is possible to simplify the admin menu at all? I'm thinking of end-users who could be intimidated by the amount of options there.

Thanks,

Craig

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Simplify it how?