Integrate Orchard with current MVC 2 application

Topics: General, Writing modules
Aug 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

For my project, the client has an existing ASP.NET MVC 2 web application that has a product catalog and shopping cart functionality.  The client is redesigning their website and would like to use Orchard so that they can maintain their content pages such as home, about, services, etc.  

They would like to use as much of the existing code as possible and keep the shopping cart functionality in place, with just cosmetic changes.

Being very new to Orchard (i have only been reading up on it and following video tutorials for a few days), I would like to know how to approach this problem and would like to ask the experts here for some help.  I would like to know if we could use Orchard for the scenario above and if there are suggestions on how to approach on developing for this scenario.

Thank you so much.

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I'm also fairly new to Orchard, but here's an answer on StackOverflow to your question.  If you want to be able to edit existing pages, you'll have to rebuild those pages in Orchard.  Definitely take a look at Orchard.Themes.ThemedAttribute and Orchard.UI.Admin.AdminAttribute to use on your controller actions so you can use the Orchard themes on your MVC actions.