Module not compiling when changed

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I seem to have lost the ability for my module to auto-compile whenever a change is made to a class file. I thought the trigger for that to happen was a .csproj file in the root of the module folder, which is present.

Is there anything else that would prevent my module from auto-compiling whenever a class file is changed? Currently I have to do a rebuild on the project anytime I change a class file, then it works fine...otherwise I get a "Not Found" error.

Thanks =)

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Check you haven't disabled dynamic compilation in /config/hostcomponents.config

Ensure your module's folder is the same as the project file.

Aug 3, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I made sure the .csproj file is named the same as the module folder.

I don't seem to have a /config/hostcomponents.config file. There is a sample one in there, which, when I copied and renamed, caused an error.

Would the presence of a hidden .git folder for my repository cause an issue? Or the obj folder from Visual Studio compiling the project?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It should be ok then. Are you running from a shared folder ?

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Now that's an interesting question because I'm not exactly sure how this folder structure works. My development environment is Windows 7 running inside a Parallels virtual on a Macbook Air. Parallels does share out some of the folders so they can be used in the OSx environment, but I'm like 99% sure the location where I have the Orchard source extracted is NOT in one of those folders. Although I could be wrong.

It's not a huge deal...just kind of a pain that I have to rebuild every time I do something simple like add a route.