Meeting notes for 8/1/2012

Topics: Announcements
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Piotr was here at 12:04.

Harvest: site is there, new theme pending. A few people have said they would come already.

Deploying compiled Orchard, dynamic compilation off: Sébastien showed how to build a pre-compiled package. Benefit of doing that is to make Orchard work well with the new Azure web sites and SDK. Startup time is a blocker right now with dynamic compilation. Next release will have a precompiled package for Azure built this way. Documentation will be updated on how to build those packages.

New blurb: it's a framework, not just an application. People are welcome to take what we did and use it in their own applications. Please share any thoughts you have about what should be in there on the gov thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/orchard-gov/Qu0KIelLxWU

Lifetime scope issue: not a critical bug for most people, but do we want to patch it nonetheless? Should it be a 1.5.2 fix? Customer in question already has a patch that should be contributed. Sébastien was never able to repro.

ContentController: Sipke needs changes to it to implement his preview feature. This is a generic preview feature that Onestop is building and that they're willing to contribute.

New committers: existing committers vote to admit a new one. Committers should commit on a specific branch and only for a specific active bug. If you need a code review, create a branch. You need unanimity to be admitted or to revoke commit rights. At least for now.

New committers this week are Antoine, Sipke, Piotr, not Nick and Zoltan.

Developer
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Thank you for your trust in me, I'll use this right with care.

Developer
Aug 1, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Here's the recorded video for the meeting!

Aug 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Thanks for the recording. Though a still can't connected to the meetings using lync (connection errors) i do watch the recordings every week.

Developer
Aug 2, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Znowman, have you tried the new web-client? That's what you can see on the videos since last week.

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Nope not yet. I'll try, thanks for the suggestion. Problem is that I can test it only once a week :)

Developer
Aug 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Well, you should try to join in just to see if it works. I just logged in, there are 3 phantom users in the meeting, but if you want to test then let's give it a shot.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Can you give the link to that new web client?

Developer
Aug 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

It's the same as before: https://join.microsoft.com/meet/sebros/TWFQ3LYH

It's just that it doesn't open the desktop client for me, but asked to install a plugin for the first time and since it opens the conference in the browser.

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

ok cool and there's also audio support for web client now?

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

The browser being, I suppose, Internet Explorer. The Office team will apparently never learn. In Chrome, for me, this fails pathetically: the new Lync desktop thing tries to launch, crashes, tries again, forever. I then have to open the configuration of the old Lync attendee client, and then reload the page and only then does it open the meeting with the old client.

In IE, it works directly. FAIL.

Developer
Aug 3, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I'm using Firefox and it works well for me.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

But maybe you don't have the Office 2012 preview installed.

Developer
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Oh, you're right, I don't, and it seems that I won't have it installed for a while. :)