White space between alinea's in admin section

Topics: Administration
Jul 30, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I've created several pages in the admin section.

If I put some content in de body-section, the white lines between alinea's dissapear when you look at the page.

I tried to add some </br> between the content, but that doesn't help.

I know I can solve this by switching to HTML generator, but the website is meant for people with no html-knowledge, so that is not an option.

Is there a solution to show white lines on the website where the text is seperated with white lines in the admin dashboard ?

Developer
Jul 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

So you do see the line breaks in the HTML editor in the backend, but not on the front end? Sounds like a CSS issue. Which theme are you using? Do you see the same effect on different themes? When the page is rendered, and you view the HTML source, can you verify that the <br/> tags are there?

Jul 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

If I switch in the backend to 'edit html source' in the body editor and I put <br/><br/> between 2 paragraph's, it appears in the frontend litteraly as text "<br/><br/>"

I want a solution so the users that gonna edit the content of the web-page can insert a white line between alinea's

Developer
Jul 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Well, that solution comes out of the box. Did you change anything? What HTML editor are you using, annd what theme?

If you setup a clean Orchard installation, do you see the same behavior you're describing?

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Okay, so if I edit the html source and put some <br/> tags, it works fine.

But if a just press the enter key a few times in the text editor, these white lines doesn't appear on the front-end.

I'm using my own theme, but it's the same with the theme machine.

I already disabled and enabled some css code, but with no result.

Developer
Jul 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM

If you press the enter key, will that generate <br> tags or <p> tags in the HTML source view of the editor? If the latter, you should be able to generate <br> tags by pressing shift+enter in the editor.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It generates <p> tags and it works with shift + enter.

Thank you very much!

Now I just have to tell the people who will maintain the website that they have to press shift :)

Developer
Jul 31, 2012 at 11:29 AM

No problem. It's a classic "issue" (or a feature, depending on how you regard it). Many html editors have an option to use <br> by default instead of <p>, not sure if TinyMce has that (if it does, the TinyMceDeluxe module may support that as well).