Set Custom Media Picker Upload Path for Content Type

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jul 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Need to configure the storage of images uploaded through media picker to default path is stored in a style how Media/ContentType/YYYY/MM/DD/image.jpg, for example Media/News/2012/07/20/image.jpg. 

In fact, this functionality is very necessary for the purpose of organizing the media folder.

Can you help me telling me of where to begin investigating for create a extension with this function?

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 12:59 AM

You could take a look at the Media Folder module from the gallery, which lets you define what folder to use. You could tweak it to define your own path logic.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Thanks Sebastien, i will investigate this.

2012/7/20 sebastienros <notifications@codeplex.com>

You could take a look at the Media Folder module from the gallery, which lets you define what folder to use. You could tweak it to define your own path logic.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Aug 11, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Sounds more like you need to modify the routes rather than the folder on the server where the images are actually stored.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Yes Yeorwned, your apreciation is correct.
I think in use the assigned Autoroute Path to the Content Type but relative to Media Folder.

Carlos S. Macri

2012/8/16 Yeorwned <notifications@codeplex.com>

Sounds more like you need to modify the routes rather than the folder on the server where the images are actually stored.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com