Payment Processing Modules

Topics: General
Jul 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Edited Jul 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I'm looking to get into Orchard and was just given word of my first project. It will require a way for a customer to make payment.

Are there any modules that currently support a payment system? The client has a merchant account for payment processing.

I've never built anything that required payment and this is my first try into using Orchard so I'm unfamiliar with what is required.

Under commerce category there are some things that may be of interest.

Has anyone used Nwazet Commerce module? This looks like what I need but I don't want to be confined to the yellow theme in the sample pictures! 

Thanks 

Coordinator
Jul 17, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hahaha. The yellow theme has nothing to do with the module.

Developer
Jul 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

The module features shopping cart functionality as well as a checkout procedure, including the Google Checkout payment method. It also provides a ProductPart to turn your content types into products. The payment method system is extensible, so you could easily implement others. Check out the source to get an idea of all of the features it provides (also check out Module.txt to see an overview of features). Although the module does not aim to be a generic commerce solution, it does provide an excellent starting point and a great example of how to write a commerce module. And obviously you're not confined to the yellow theme; modules are theme-agnostic; you can use whatever theme you want and completely customize the look & feel.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated! 

Jul 18, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Shucks! No yellow theme is a deal breaker! ;)