Theme requirements in a module?

Topics: Writing modules
Jul 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hi there,

I know it's possible to set requirements for other modules inside the Module.txt, but what I like to know is: Can I also add requirements for themes to be installed on module installation?

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I've found the ExtensionHarvester class and its field basetheme. Is that a way to go? Is the content possible for Module.txt somewhere documented?

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Another thing I've found is

So it seems basetheme is used for theme manifest files and also it seems no setting of a theme dependency is available for module's manifest file. Is there any other way for setting a theme dependency inside a module?

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Themes don't have dependencies at this point.

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Ok, but is there another way to integrate a theme inside a module or get the module to install a special theme when it’s installed itself?

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:45 PM

You can't integrate a theme inside a module, but you can include a recipe in your module that will install the theme.

Jul 11, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Great, I guess that was my missing link. Thank you very much for any help and sorry for all the questions. Soon I have a good inside of Orchard’s code structure and functionality I’ll be a reasonable community member ;)

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Don't mention it. Questions are good.