Import taking ages (failing?)

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I'm trying to import around 10 'data-only' entries from XML.

I tried to import both data / metadata before, but only the metadata got imported (after a long time)

So now I'm trying to import the data, but it is taking ages (more like failing though...)

Any ideas on what could cause this? The xml file is only ~9kbyte in size :/

edit: Ok it failed.... Eventually I got a ObjectDisposedException "Session is closed!" :/

edit2: Might be related to one of my custom modules (according to the stack trace) - looking into it now 

edit3: Not sure anymore, waiting for the exception to throw again :/

edit4: Lol now it completed after a VERY long while, but none of content was imported :/

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Edited Jun 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

So yeah, couldn't solve it.

But, is it possible it has something to do with Orchard doing a gazillion queries vs my UserPart entries?

FYI: I have ~35k users in my system 

edit: the following query (and others!) is executed ~3000 times / 'minute' (according to recent expensive queries)

SELECT contentite0_.Id as Id89_0_, contentite0_.Data as Data89_0_, contentite0_.ContentType_id as ContentT3_89_0_ FROM Orchard_Framework_ContentItemRecord contentite0_ WHERE contentite0_.Id=@p0

So yes, I would say that this is a core flaw imho - any advice as this is a big issue for us :s

Developer
Jun 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I couldn't tell you why there are so many queries a minute, but regarding the content not being imported: did you check with the logs? Anything suspicious there?

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:30 AM

The log was empty.